So it's really that simple

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Joyofsix

So it's really that simple

Post by Joyofsix » Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:43 pm

This sounds like something my grandma would suggest BUT it makes total sense. I've got about 20 extra pounds to get rid of. I figure the worst that will happen is I stay the same weight so here I go.
Lisa, mom to 7

NoSnacker

welcome

Post by NoSnacker » Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:11 pm

I'm new to No S as well, and I agree makes total sense...if I think back to growing up, we ate 3 squares, no seconds as there were none with 9 in the family, and ocassionally a snack at night (very rare), no snacking all day long...my night time binging started later in life.

Much success to you.
Age 56: SBMI=30.6 (12/1/13) CBMI 28.9 (2/2/14) GBMI-24.8

Linguisticsgirl

Post by Linguisticsgirl » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:37 pm

Yes!
I was thinking today about how we ate when I was a child, and it was 3 healthy meals a day, with a daily allowance of 2 pieces of fruit to be eaten whenever we liked and then we had 50p a week pocket money (it was the 80s) which went on sweets on a Saturday. Sugary treats were rare and home made and being children (and having no TV) we spent our time running around outside. The result being that we were all slim until we hit our teens and rebelled.

I've often thought that this is an eating style which is worth getting back to but I never do. I think that no s is going to provide the structure I need to order my eating habits. Or I hope so. Everything I have read on this site both inspires me and makes me go 'duh! Why didn't I think of that?'. It's obvious when you know how... I have spent my evening listening to the podcasts and am finding them very inspiring

While reading the stories of the no s veterans fills me with hope and is really informative it is lovely to know that there are fellow newbies out there. Here's hoping that in a couple of years our journeys are equally inspiring for someone else!

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:20 am

Good luck to you all - it really does just become habit. You will still have occasions where you stand at the buffet line and eat a complete meal and then a lemon square, a brownie, a Rice Krispie treat AND another brownie. (Yes, I did all of this at a family gathering after a funeral last week)

The difference is, even at the time you realize that you are outside your norm and you won't be eating that way the next day. :wink:
Berry