Holy %^%&! It's working!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

exdieter

Holy %^%&! It's working!

Post by exdieter » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:38 pm

I'm only one week in, but the scale moved down this week for the first time in MONTHS. Down almost 2 pounds, which is more than a coincidence (take it from a compulsive weigher-inner).

I followed N-S perfectly, with my modification for Meal 2.5 (a piece of fruit) to compensate for my extra-late dinner hour, which is often preceded by an evening trip to the gym or Urban Ranger-style window shopping through downtown. :)

I've been working hard to overcome my obsession with food and weight. I think a huge part of regaining my health is being able to feel safe and comfortable OFF of a diet (I mean the regular kind that don't work for most people, not No-S, which is more a lifestyle IMO). I've been convinced for a long time that diets don't work as a sustainable weight-loss/healthy-eating solution, but the problem is that I haven't been able to figure out how to eat without obsessing. I'm still in disbelief that the answer is so damn simple!

Thanks so much, Reinhard, for my first week without deprivation or obsession in as long as I can remember. Here's to many more!

p.s. Alright, alright, I'll buy the book already. ;)
Slow and steady wins the race.
5"4', mid-thirties female
1/2/11: 157.2
4/4/11: 153.6

gettheweightoff

Post by gettheweightoff » Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:31 pm

Fantastic!

I appreciate that you posted this because I know for me at least all these testimonials help to keep me going on this plan.

Very encouraging.

Keep up the great work and looking forward to your next posts!