starting over

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

lilguysmama

starting over

Post by lilguysmama » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:33 pm

Been not doing good with this but starting over again. This time im going to taking it one step at a time. First get my no snacking first (my biggest problem) and get that in habit forming first, then go on from there.

Does or did anyone else have problems getting started at first?

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:16 pm

I think most people have trouble getting started (and some get past it!).

I love the idea of easing in one S at a time, and someone even recently reported successfully pulling this off. I think the danger is that even vanilla no-s is slow to produce results -- 1/3 no-s is REALLY slow, and so, although it's easier to comply with, it can be motivationally problematic.

If you're going to choose one S, snacking is probably the best S-day start with. It's calorically the biggest issue of most people, and encompasses a lot of sweets as well (many snacks are sweet, or we wouldn't bother). So it's kind of like starting with one and a half esses.

Best of luck, whatever you decide,

Reinhard

lilguysmama

Post by lilguysmama » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:13 pm

Snacking was the one I was going to start with. I'm a big snacker or grazer all day long. Seconds I don't really have a problem with or sweets, expect my soda and sweet tea.