First Week observations

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

desertmom

First Week observations

Post by desertmom » Mon May 17, 2010 2:56 am

So, I just finished my first week and I've got to say I LOVED it. I loved the control I felt and I really loved not obsessing about food! I think someone mentioned that they had more time in their day because they weren't thinking about calories or points or what was "okay" to eat all the time. I feel that way exactly. This week, I ate when it was time, I enjoyed my food, and then I went on to more important things.

I know you're not supposed to weight yourself, but I did, everyday, just to see if anything was happening. Well, it did. I went from 139.3 to 136 (I have a Weight Watchers scale that counts ounces). I won't keep up this weighing habit by any means, but it was neat to see that one week of No-Sing was doing something (even if it was just excess water).

But here's the other thing. I didn't go nuts on my S day--well, not entirely. I didn't really binge. I had seconds for lunch and I ate out at dinner. But late Saturday night, I had several snacks including too many chips and guacamole and today I feel HORRIBLE! So, my second S day has really been one of moderation, because my stomach is killing me. I hate this feeling, but it really drives home why I WANT to be moderate in my eating. It's a good lesson, and I appreciate seeing the clear contrast between feeling comfortable and in control and feeling sick and out of control.

Anyway, here's to another positive week. Good luck everyone! :D

DaveMc

Post by DaveMc » Mon May 17, 2010 7:17 pm

Congratulations on your first week! Well done, and best of luck for many weeks to come.

desertmom

Post by desertmom » Tue May 18, 2010 3:57 am

Thank you, DaveMc :) I appreciate the well wishes!

lbb (Liz)

Post by lbb (Liz) » Sat May 29, 2010 3:29 pm

Good work! I, too am finishing off an official first week of NO S and am loving it.
Good luck next week!
LBB
http://no-s-momma.blogspot.com/
Liz

desertmom

Post by desertmom » Mon May 31, 2010 2:39 pm

Thank you! I really enjoyed your blog--you have some great looking meals there! I completely agree that the habit of not eating outside of meals just brings so much peace of mind. Take care!