Julia childs did no s!!!!!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Royce

Julia childs did no s!!!!!

Post by Royce » Sun May 09, 2010 11:06 pm

well close enough anyway!!

Still, Child remains best known for bringing good food into the home, where she championed "food as an art form, as a delightful part of civilized life." And though she's expanded her range to include American, Mediterranean, and Asian cuisines, she hasn't been influenced by fad diets or fat phobias. She still cooks with butter and cream. As she told Nightline, "Small helpings, no seconds, a little bit of everything, no snacking and have a good time. I think if you follow that, you're going to be healthy, wealthy and wise."

RJLupin

Post by RJLupin » Mon May 10, 2010 1:30 pm

It's just common sense, really. I think that's the real reason people who lose weight gain it all back; they go on these ridiculous diets that no one can stick to. No S and other things like it DO work, because it's easy to stick with. I love Julia Child's cooking, and it just goes to show you that you don't have to give up taste and butter in order to lose weight.

Royce

Post by Royce » Mon May 10, 2010 2:20 pm

True, plus she lived to over 90!

Elspeth

Post by Elspeth » Mon May 10, 2010 2:32 pm

I love Julia! I remember her fondly from her TV show long ago (not to mention Dan Ackroyd's hysterical impersonation), and after watching Julie and Julia I bought Mastering the Art of French Cooking where I encountered her "No S" philosophy. Check out this thread for more Julia love: http://everydaysystems.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=1107

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Sun May 23, 2010 9:16 pm

I just found this quote: “The only time to eat diet food is while you’re waiting for the steak to cook.†~ Julia Child.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

leafy_greens

Post by leafy_greens » Mon May 24, 2010 1:38 am

Julia was my distant cousin! Never knew her though.