What are your favourite S-foods?

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

What's your favourite S-Food?

Chocolate!
52%
Snacks!
15%
Other sweets!
33%
Eating seconds!
No votes

Total votes: 27

Aleria

What are your favourite S-foods?

Post by Aleria » Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:01 am

So, it's finally the weekend! What do you enjoy on your S-days?
For me, right now it's these delicious chocolate truffles. My friend's brother brought her a huge boxful, and she gave me some since there were a lot. Because they're expensive and this is probably the only time I'll have them, there's no temptation to eat them a lot, making it easier for newbie me to avoid eating them everyday.
I just thought this would be a fun discussion, without all the calorie and health worries.

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:39 pm

Buttered toast, before breakfast. :D
"Self-denial's a great sweetener of pleasure."
(Patrick McGoohan's "The Prisoner")

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:12 pm

I try not to eat seconds even on S days, because I hate feeling overstuffed..
I suppose I like a little snacking, or more accurately, I like being less structured with my meals, and also usually like one good sweet per weekend.

8) Debs
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

kccc

Post by kccc » Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:17 pm

I wavered between chocolate and other sweets, and finally chose other sweets... but I like a wide variety of stuff!!

The real key seems to be that it has to be "special." Over time, I'm less interested in lots of junk and more interested in smaller quantities of really good stuff. And I like home-baked (or high-quality bakery) the BEST.

Starla

Post by Starla » Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:38 am

I voted chocolate, but, like Deb, my favorite thing on S days is the lack of structure. Today, for example, I'm eating only one real meal, but I've been nibbling as the urge hits me.

I discovered a new treat last weekend - I stopped at a bakery/cafe and had a marzipan-filled croissant. I'm planning on another one tomorrow morning. To die for!

clarinetgal

Post by clarinetgal » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:23 am

I voted for other sweets. This weekend, I've had two lattes (a chai tea and a cinnamon dolce), and they both were really good. I also strongly prefer my home-baked sweets to store-bought baked goods.