Yah for N Day

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

oliviamanda

Yah for N Day

Post by oliviamanda » Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:07 pm

I am relieved that it is Monday and I can officially not take cookies from the cookie tray put out at work. I am glad I can say no to whatever goodies are left at home. I am glad I can say no to the desserts my mom would like to present to me at tea time. : )

I have allowed my Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and Saturday and Sunday for my S days and I am certainly in sugar shock. I even would like to admit that I didn't actually enjoy any of the sweets I had beyond the initial bite and would really like to work on that in the new year ( not finishing something if it isn't satisfying ).
Habit is habit and not to be flung out of the window by any man, but coaxed downstairs a step at a time.--- Mark Twain

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:01 pm

I know what you mean. After celebrating on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, I was so ready to get back to N Days that I just didn't take Saturday and Sunday as S Days at all. And now it's Monday, and back to business as usual.

So, hooray for N Days indeed!!
"Self-denial's a great sweetener of pleasure."
(Patrick McGoohan's "The Prisoner")

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:19 pm

I think of this as being like the tide turning. When the tide is coming in, you literally grip the edge of your chair waiting for S Days. When the tide is turning, you get stomach aches on S Days and yet dread N Days. When the tide is going out, you prefer N Days.

Congratulations!

Kathleen

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:34 pm

Interesting image, and so true.
"Self-denial's a great sweetener of pleasure."
(Patrick McGoohan's "The Prisoner")

Starla

Post by Starla » Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:18 am

I so could have written the original post. I took four straight S days, and each one got a little worse. It wasn't just what I ate; I also had a problem with the fruits and vegetables I didn't eat.

It was a relief to get back on board today and have some sense back in my food consumption.

mimi

Post by mimi » Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:37 am

I so completely understand!
I had an *over-the-top* S day on Saturday, the day after Christmas - the first one in a loooong time. I felt so badly about it and went into a panic, but reminded myself that one day of overeating could not possibly destroy 8 months of habit building...I also reminded myself that just because I dented a fender I didn't need to drive my car over the cliff. It worked! Yesterday, Sunday, I was much more incontrol - and HAPPY to be so, although I had pie and Cool Whip at my son's. Today it was back to N-day business as usual. What a huge victory this was for me!

Mimi :D
Discovered NoS: April 16, 2007
Restarted once again: July 14, 2011
Quitting is not an option...
If you start to slip, tie a knot and hang on!
Remember that good enough is... good enough.
Strive for progress, not perfection!