The numbers are in!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

brotherjohn

The numbers are in!

Post by brotherjohn » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:32 pm

Hello friends!

I've been away from the discussion board, but not from no-ess. (I've been away school this summer, and only have rural dial-up internet at home.) A while back, some of you were wondering if no-ess could help cholesterol (et. al.) numbers. Well, I just got my results back from my cardiologist, and after 6 months of no-ess, my cholesterol has dropped from 232 to 137 ! To be fair, the doctor put me on the smallest dose (10 mg.) of Crestor each day after I had my stents put in. But...the cardiologist said that whatever diet plan I am using is working, and to stay with it! He believes our cholesterol numbers are also a combination of diet and medication, and not one or the other.

I don't know what my weight numbers are right now, because I have deliberately not weighed myself over the summer months. There is a doctor's scale at the school where I work, and that office is locked up over the summer. For several years I have used that scale for my "official weight" and plan to weigh in again when we are all back at school the end of this month.

Things have been going pretty well for me on the no-ess front. My eating plan has become kind of second nature, and it is a lot easier than when I started. I hope you all are doing well, and I'm going to back through the bulletin board to catch up on everyone's progress. See you around!

blessings,

John
"Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand." --St. Paul

Read my free weekly devotional rural adventures at:

www.countrypreacherdad.com

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:38 pm

Fantastic results, Brother ! ;-)

You should be proud, having accomplished all that.

Whenever I think of Blackstrap molasses
I automatically associate this with ................ Brother John ! ;-)

I wish I had all that data so I could see the improvements too, before and after ... I was regretting just yesterday not to have at least measured my chest, waist and hips before starting on this journey ... it would be nice now to see the big results, losing all those inches.

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

Disclaimer : I am following a more extreme version of the 'No-S' diet.
I made my own personal modifications to the original plan (Diet & Exercise)
What I am doing should not be misinterpreted as being a typical 'No-S' diet experience.
11/01/2008 : 280.0 pounds
07/11/2009 : 206.4 pounds
( 8 months 11 days / -73.6 pounds )
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Goal : 11/01/2009 : 192.0 pounds ( 1 year / -88.0 pounds )

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:40 pm

Brother John, I'm really curious...what are you eating? Oh, and congratulations on your results!
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:20 pm

That is fantastic, Brother John!

Sounds like you had a great excuse, but great to see you here again.

Reinhard

StrawberryRoan

Post by StrawberryRoan » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:50 pm

Hey welcome back. I am fairly new but I went back and read a lot of the earlier threads and so enjoyed reading your posts.

So glad you are doing well,

Berry :wink: