My first day here

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Simpless

My first day here

Post by Simpless » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:47 am

So tired of so many diets, I came across noS Diet on amazon and was impressed with the reviews. I am waiting for my book, but started today. I got pretty hungry between meals, but did it except for a little popcorn. I'm sure I will be turning here for help and motivation. Thanks!

janmarie

Post by janmarie » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:55 am

Welcome! I have been eating this way for 8 weeks now and haven't cheated once! Something about it just clicked for me. I am only weighing myself once a month. I lost about 3-4 pounds the first month, weigh myself again the end of this week. I am about 20 from my goal so it will be slow going but the feeling of having my eating habits in control is already a very good feeling!

khristal23

Post by khristal23 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:52 am

I just started yesterday, and I really love how simple it is. I am looking forward to "training" myself to stop snacking and just enjoy my 3 meals per day. The snacking adds up so much at the end of the day if you just do it without thinking, like I used to. And to make matters even worse, I used to snack on sweets when I did snack!

Welcome!

Giarc

Post by Giarc » Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:04 pm

welcome!!!

I'm only 1 week in myself. The first few days are a bit rough!!!

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:21 pm

Welcome to all of you newbies! It really does get easier when you stick with it. I don't feel the constant pull from the pantry as much. I lost 15-20 when I started in October... threw it all out the window during December (gaining it all back) and started again in April. Spring a good time to start... think swim suit or shorts!

They say that the first 3 days of anything is the hardest, then if you make it to 30 it becomes a habit. Pour your all into it and try to make the 21 day club! Good luck all!
:D
I guess this doesn't work unless you actually do it.
Please pray for me

brotherjohn

Post by brotherjohn » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:15 pm

Hello, and welcome!

This is a great place to be! I weighed myself this morning, and I am down 9 pounds since January 15th. Overall, after I got accustomed to it, it has been pretty painless. In fact, I rather enjoy the new discipline and renewed appreciation for food that I have.

I look forward to seeing you around!

John :)
"Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand." --St. Paul

Read my free weekly devotional rural adventures at:

www.countrypreacherdad.com