Jumping in tomorrow

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Daisy73

Jumping in tomorrow

Post by Daisy73 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:43 am

Hi Everyone,

I'm looking to lose 105lbs....yikes. I had lost 60lbs on Atkins and maintained it for three years before getting pregnant, still maintained the loss after delivery. Last February, I got pregnant with baby #2 and gained 45lbs which I have not been able to budge since giving birth due to too many sweets and snacks for energy.

Anyway, I tried to do Atkins again and I just can't deal with it again. Even my three year old told me I was fussy when I started induction! LOL!

I hope to lose 5-6lbs a month but until I can get committed to a more regular exercise routine, it will be tough. As long as the scale is going down, I can handle it being slow.

vmelo

Post by vmelo » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:00 am

Welcome! I'm back on No-S after a hiatus of about a year, and I didn't really do it right when I tried it last time. This time I'm committed. Like you, I just cannot go back on some weird diet with crazy restrictions. This way of eating seems so painless and normal compared to other diets.

I wish you the best!

geekmom

Post by geekmom » Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:37 am

Hi Daisy! I'm a fellow Atkins refugee :-) I did lose weight on Atkins, and don't have a problem with the diet but when I found no-S I thought for sure it was worth a try. Compared to tedious carb counting and the inability to eat out, and the disgusting aftertaste of splenda, I'm quite pleased with no-S. I've continued eating many of the healthier low-carb foods I got used to eating on Atkins while I do no-S.

Oh, also? The people on the Atkins boards seemed to bicker constantly. No-S folks are calm and friendly -- another reason I was happy to give no-S a try!

I've been no-Sing for almost a month now and have lost about 2 lbs. Slow and steady is fine by me.

butterfly1000

Post by butterfly1000 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:38 am

Hi Daisy,

As you, I have been on Atkins (and Weight Watchers, and a multitude of other diets -- I'd hate to calculate how much I've spent on dieting, whether it's buying books or signing up to different programs). I find that these type of diets are not for me because I can lose when I'm on them but then I gain it all back (and more), because I hate counting and measuring and I don't see myself doing it for the rest of my life.

I discovered No S Diet last month and I think the concept is really good. I haven't had too many green days yet (it's hard to lose old habits), but I'm going to keep trying. I'd like to lose about 80 lbs (and in a magical world I'd like to have lost them by June :lol: ) -- but I know that if I want to find a system that will work on a long term basis, the weight loss might be a little slower than some other systems.

Good luck, and welcome!
Amy

Daisy73

Post by Daisy73 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:10 pm

Thanks Everyone! I need to set up the habitcal deal and a daily check in sometime today.

I am going for a GREEN day today for sure!!