No pictures. Why?

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

RedChina

No pictures. Why?

Post by RedChina » Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:23 pm

Nobody here seems to post pictures of themselves at the beginning or as they progress through the diet. Why is that?

I think it helps seeing what others look like. It helps you make a connection to otherwise anonymous strangers on the Internet.

Here's me around July 2005 (about 270 lbs):

Nowish picture of both gf and me, September 2008 (around 205 lbs):

My goal is 180 lbs.

Post your pictures here and in your own threads (like Daily Check-In)! Let's meet each other!

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:42 am

I have pics on my myspace link by my signature here.
Just took a new one today actually.
8) Debs
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

Thalia

Post by Thalia » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:01 pm

I don't really like pictures of myself this heavy, so I'm reluctant to post one. :oops: I've lost 10 pounds, but have at least 20 to go!

Sara

Post by Sara » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:13 pm

Wow, you look great. You look like a different person. Did you lose all that weight on the NoSDiet? I will post a picture when I lose some weight but I just started this!

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:22 pm

I know I look a lot better then in December 07, which is when I started working out regularly. However I don't have good pictures to demonstrate that before and after... And the change is so subtle; people might think I'm nuts!
"Anyone can cook." ~ Chef Gusteau, Ratatouille

apomerantz

Post by apomerantz » Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:46 pm

I have a similar reservation to Nichole's. I'm regular weight so I'm thinking it seems sort of "in your face" to post my picture when others are really struggling with obesity. The truth is that I have battled all my life to keep my weight near normal, though I veer into the overweight BMI now and again. My parents both tend toward the heavier side. I exercise a LOT to stay where I am, and I'm not skinny given how much I workout. The eating part of the equation has always been so hard for me - - at least until No S. I'm actually feeling like No S really could be for life for me.

p.s. Congrats on your pics!!! You've obviously done a great job losing weight, and you and your girlfriend make a lovely couple too :).

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:19 pm

I'll probably post a before and after picture ... but only in november 2009, when I am done with the bulk of the weight loss ... I'll put a big black bar on my eyes though, cos' I wouldn't want to be IDENTIFIED !! ;-)

5'10" ... 280 to 190 pounds within a year's time is my ultimate goal (231.6 now less than 5 months in so I'd be surprised if I didn't at least hit the 190's, lol !) but of course I'd be pleased even if I ended up at 205. I'd finish up the remaining pounds within the next few months anyway.

Marc ;-)

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:21 pm

Ok, I was checking out my pictures last night. I selected 5 different ones I'll post here in november/december 2009 ... most likely. (I put them all together, so it's only 1 picture with 5 different images, you see...)

It was pretty shocking to see the 'before' pictures actually, Definitely a lot of improvement now... I've lost 50 pounds since those were taken ... and I hadn't looked at those since I began (I always hated looking at my pics cos' I was always too fat) ... at least 30-35 more pounds to go though ... but it is really motivating when I look at the old 2008 pictures, that's for sure.

I also have a few songs I like to hear as motivation. No easy way out by Robert Tepper, always a favorite of mine. (From the Rocky 4 soundtrack) :-)

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:11 pm

Wow Marc, gotta say I really think it would be totally inspirational to see how different you look with fifty pounds down!

But I respect your feeling of wanting to wait.
It's pretty harsh to have to look at before pix, I totally understand and agree.

I found some pix of me from last Summer which my Mom snapped at my Son's birthday.
They were sooooo incredibly depressing, I just had to rip them up. :roll:

8) Debs

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:12 pm

marcdesbiens wrote:I'll probably post a before and after picture ... but only in november 2009, when I am done with the bulk of the weight loss ... I'll put a big black bar on my eyes though, cos' I wouldn't want to be IDENTIFIED !! ;-)
Why???
Are you in the CIA or something??
LOL :wink:

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:17 pm

I prefer to wait until I am done or nearly done ... this way the before and after pictures are even more ... shocking !! ;-)

Hum, I'm not in the CIA .... but the CIA might be looking for me on the other hand .. or maybe the FBI !!! ;-)

Marc