Hunger is the Best Sauce

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

NoelFigart

Hunger is the Best Sauce

Post by NoelFigart » Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:58 pm

I had dinner rather late tonight. Wonky schedule. It was the most gloriously wonderful dinner you could IMAGINE. OMG JUST HEAVEN!!! *SWOONS*

(Reality: Baked Chicken thigh, steamed green beans and brown rice cooked in chicken stock. I can cook a lot more decadent meal than that, but Mama Noel was feeling lazy and that's what got cooked).

It's an amazingly good reason for sticking to N days religiously -- the sheer hedonism of how great a meal tastes when you're really hungry!

sandooch

Post by sandooch » Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:04 am

Ain't that the truth! I just got through eating dinner, but reading what you had tonight actually made my mouth water. Yum!

Sandy

bonnieUK

Post by bonnieUK » Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:36 am

That's the kind of meal I often eat, but with tofu instead of chicken :) It's a classic timesaver meal that hits the spot. Sometimes simpler is better IMO and if you are really hungry, even a basic rice & veg based dish tastes luxurious :)