Non-idiot S days...

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

kccc

Non-idiot S days...

Post by kccc » Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:55 pm

I've been doing No-S for a while, and have had some pretty "idiotic" S days over time - falling back into Perma-snacking, eating big portions, ending up feeling sick and grateful for the next N day.

This weekend was different. Not sure why, but it was. I did have treats, but they were contained, purposeful, and NOT sick-making.

Maybe it's finally sinking in. Knock on wood.

florafloraflora

Post by florafloraflora » Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:40 pm

Huzzah! I, too, had my first weekend in months that didn't feel entirely idiotic. Part of it was eating less, but making sure to include some treats, and part of it was getting lots of exercise, including a big hike. Either way, I didn't feel horrid at the end of the weekend and I was only a pound heavier this morning, which is definitely within the margin of error.

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:27 pm

Congratulations!

It takes a while, but it does come.

The biggest problem with excessive weekends is not the calories, but the discouragement. Resolve not to let them get to you.

From a more positive angle, making your S-day treats "contained and purposeful" a you did is a big help -- and a big pleasure.

Reinhard

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:21 pm

It does come automatically eventually. I find myself going righ talong with no-s rules and not giving much thought to it at all. Although there is the occasional idiot day or slip on an N day.

Hang in there :)
{FarmerHal} ...previously Shamrockmommy...
Vanilla NoS... Making good habits.
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18