Do you eat mostly your favourite foods?

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

mondurvic

Do you eat mostly your favourite foods?

Post by mondurvic » Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:16 pm

I notice that I tend to eat the same things over and over, usually prepared the same way, and am wondering if this is true of others.

Moreover, many of my "favourites" aren't generic - it has to be a particular brand of mayonnaise, a particular manufacturer of cream cheese, bagels from one place only, one type of ice cream, etc.

I'm also curious to know if there's a high correlation of such specificity to weight - in other words, if someone who is, say, 100 pounds overweight is even more specific about what he eats than someone with, say, 30 pounds to lose. In my case, I'm VERY overweight and VERY specific, and I'm wondering if this is common, and if so, what it might mean.

Any thoughts?

Judy

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:17 am

I know people who are very specific about what they eat and I know people who couldn't care less. In both groups, some are heavy and some are slim. I don't think there's a correlation.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."