How much versus what you eat....

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

gratefuldeb67

How much versus what you eat....

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:58 pm

Hi guys!
I just thought this would be worthwhile posting to the general discussion (and I want to brag again! LOL....)

I had my first big loss in a long time this week! I lost three pounds..
I know this isn't just water weight because I've been staying on a plateau and even going up and down a pound or two as well, between the 208 and 210 range for many weeks now.. Probably a good 3 months or more, and yesterday, after a full week had passed since my last period, I found myself looking at 206 on the scale!
Woot woot!!!

The funny thing is, I really ate some classic "junk foods" last week, balanced with healthy ones, and it didn't seem to make me gain or stay on the plateau, because the "snack foods" were part of my three meals and except for one or two days over the last two weeks, I have really adhered to the 3 meals a day rule very successfully, and no seconds!!! (my personal hardest rule)

The "snack/junk" foods in question were, just for the record,,,

Blue and Red Garden of Eatin Corn Chips with two different types of veggie salsas *and* Old El Paso Cheese and Salsa dip....
We also ate quite alot of hot dogs last week as well as a few burger joint visits (but no supersize, only the dollar menu and sharing a small fries)..

I think about four or five meals last week, included chips and salsa, and probably the same amount of meals were hot dogs.. (don't make that face!! LOL.. I know, but that's what we had here!)

But I'm sure it was the quantity which helped get me off my plateau, as well as my recent foray back into the ranks of the Shovelglovers of the world and squats...

Well thank God I know that as long as I don't revert to old ways, this weight will stay off forever, because NoS is fool proof when it comes to maintaining weight loss!
I am happy about it because, frankly, since I'm now into my late 30's and things have changed for me considerably regarding rate of loss, this year weight loss has slowed down a lot, and I am thrilled to see a change..
Infact, I gave such a rebel yell yesterday that I think the other ladies in the locker room must have thought I was insane!!!! :twisted:

I feel really excited and motivated to keep it up!
I have a little more I want to say about something else, but I'll put that on my thread :)

Peace and Love,
8) Deb
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

david

Post by david » Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:20 pm

Cool beans, Deb!

I'll bet your body figured out that you are going to keep doing squats and it decided that lighter is better! :)

Really, though, squats involve big muscle groups which kick up your metabolism and they can be effective at releasing growth hormone which helps burn the fat.

Keep up the hard work!

--david

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:52 pm

Thanks David!!!
I believe that!!!
I've been walking around all wobbly lately!!!
LOL...

I'm feeling it :)

Thanks for the reminder!

Yeah... Doing any squats at this weight is a big task... Carrying around that extra 30 or 40 lbs is truly intensifying the effect of the squats...

Have a great day and weekend dood!
Love,
8) Deb

This path is my life

Post by This path is my life » Thu Aug 03, 2006 6:47 pm

That's awesome Deb, way to go!! And thanks for posting, it's always nice to see good hard evidence that No-S really does work in an everyday kind of way and in the real world (for most people that does include some amount of fast food, chips and salsa and hot dogs :) ). Have a great day!!
"There is no such thing as a bad choice, there is only the next choice"

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:09 pm

Thanks Jenn!
Peace and Love,
8) Debs

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:36 am

Congratulations, Deb! Both on the loss and on your strict behavior. It's nice to be able to eat some junk as long as it's walled in by the rules, isn't it?

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:30 am

Yes it is Reinhard!
NoS is such a comfort to me at times, because I don't ever really have to fret about going backwards and "gaining it all back and then some" as could *easily* happen to me at this time in my life...

Thank you for creating the best system for livable dieting on the planet!
And thanks for writing! :D

Have a nice evening!
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

VanillaGorilla

Post by VanillaGorilla » Fri Aug 04, 2006 5:40 am

Congrats, Deb! I've been eating a bit junkier than usual as of late myself (a lot of social events, concerts, etc lately), but by limiting the quantities and keeping pretty active, I think the damage has been minimal.

Hot dogs must be the "junk du jour"...I've been eating them quite a bit too! :lol:

Congrats again and glad to hear you got past that plateu! :D
Fall down seven times, get up eight.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Fri Aug 04, 2006 5:12 pm

Thanks Kevin!
Hope your well! How's the hand these days?
Well it's gonna be veggie hot dogs for me from now on, as I'm switching off red meat and chicken..
Have a great weekend VG!
Still Shugging?

Peace and Love,
8) Debs

VanillaGorilla

Post by VanillaGorilla » Fri Aug 04, 2006 5:31 pm

Hand is ok for the most part. Aches every once in awhile and annoys me, but overall, it's not too bad.
Yes, I'm still using SG as part of my workouts. :D
I use it in conjunction with other forms of exercise, per usual for me. Been doing SG and a lot of other higher rep work lately to take a break from the really heavy stuff and give the joints a bit of a break.
I've lost about 8-10 pounds in the last couple weeks due to watching the diet (quantities in particular as of late) and the excessive heat (Just have not been overly hungry). Don't really have any "before" pics, but I may post a "during" one or two and then see how I am doing compared to those in a couple more weeks.
Fall down seven times, get up eight.

Daisy

Post by Daisy » Sat Aug 05, 2006 8:06 am

Well done Deb - just shows that it does work it you stick to it. I haven't lost anything in weeks stuck at 157lbs, just on a plateau at the moment, hopefully soon I will start losing again. It seems whenever I have been on a diet in the past I get to about this weight and then can't lose anymore. But I shan't give up, will just keep on at it.

Have a great weekend - love Daisy

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sat Aug 05, 2006 1:13 pm

Thank you Daize!
How's the little one?
Have a lovely weekend yourself and just keep on truckin!!!

Hugs!
8) Deb

operababe

Post by operababe » Sat Aug 05, 2006 1:29 pm

Now I want a hotdog for lunch! Yum........ But yes, isn't it true, with No S, stick to the rules, eat basically what you'd like, and you will lose weight! I agree 100% Deb, it IS the best livable diet system on the planet. And a very big congrats on your weight loss, I am thrilled for you!
It's time to make it beautiful.