Still new, already made modifications

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Leana088

Still new, already made modifications

Post by Leana088 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:48 am

I'm pretty good with NoS already. Actually I've been doing it for a while, although not strictly. And I didn't add a noSweets. I just didn't snack before (I have tea and coffee as "snacks"), and I never go back for seconds anyhow, because if I eat right my meals are satisfying.

Anyway. My mods are quite simple. Most of my meals will be composed of vegetables, lean protein, and complex carbs. I will also use the USDA Myplate guide. If I can. That's half the plate gets filled with veg, a quarter with starch, and a quarter with protein.

Another mod: I will eat a fruit directly after dinner as dessert. I don't see that as seconds or a snack, more like part of dinner. Like my protein shake I drink with breakfast.

The reason I'm doing this is because I need to lose 12lb. And I want to do it at a reasonable pace of 1-2lb a week (depending on what I eat it might be more or less). NoS makes it a bit slower. I still have other goals to reach for myself. I'm young and I would like to build some muscle to help me look more athletic. So this is a cut for me. After this, I will need to bulk, that is, gain weight to build muscle. Followed by another cut.

This is why I'm in a bit of a hurry. NoS isn't the end of the road for me, I don't just want to get to a good weight and stay there. I want to reach my fitness goals before that first. =)
Be better than you were yesterday...

gingerpie

Post by gingerpie » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:12 am

Good luck with your goals. That's the nice thing about no-s. It always fits with your life goals no matter what they are.

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:07 pm

These "mods" sound very sensible, in fact they might not be technically mods at all, just "intelligent dietary defaults."

I've been known to have a piece of fruit with/after dinner. I make sure to put it in front of me with the rest of my meal to get that visual sense of how much I'm eating that I find so helpful.

Reinhard

Leana088

Post by Leana088 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:20 pm

Hello Reinhard!

My fruits after dinner might be a bit of a dessert. I LOVE apples/bananas with peanutbutter.

And also ANY fruit tastes great with honey drizzled over!

So its kind of more like a little healthy sweet tooth fix than just fruit for vitamins. =P
Be better than you were yesterday...

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:18 pm

It sounds like you are eating quite reasonably. I wish you peace with eating and your body soon.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)