Bluebunny has one pound to go to get to his goal of 90!!!!!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

~reneew

Bluebunny has one pound to go to get to his goal of 90!!!!!

Post by ~reneew » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:44 pm

Bluebunny has only 1 pound to go to get to his goal of 90 pounds lost... let's cheer him on!!!

Congratulations ... you're almost there Marc!!!
go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go ! 8)
I guess this doesn't work unless you actually do it.
Please pray for me

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:34 pm

Go Marc!
Kevin
1/13/2011-189# :: 4/21/2011-177# :: Goal-165#
"Respecting the 4th S: sometimes."

Starla

Post by Starla » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:12 pm

This is amazing, incredible and inspirational. How wonderful!

mimi

Post by mimi » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:57 pm

You're a winner Marc, and my heartfelt congratulations go to you for a most difficult job well done.

Mimi :D
Discovered NoS: April 16, 2007
Restarted once again: July 14, 2011
Quitting is not an option...
If you start to slip, tie a knot and hang on!
Remember that good enough is... good enough.
Strive for progress, not perfection!

Dandelion

Post by Dandelion » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:50 pm

Excellent!!

~emilyr

Post by ~emilyr » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:51 pm

Super job! Fantastic! I've watched your posts and you are truly an inspiration ~ way to go :!: :!: :!: Keep us posted on your maintenance program. I also wanted to add ~ funny... You had a good time while you worked hard!

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:55 pm

Thanks everyone ! Kevin, Starla, Mimi, Dandelion, Emily and of course, Renee ! :-)

Wow, I'm in the spotlight now ... which is my I must HIDE MY FACE at the moment for what happened this past weekend ... ;-)

Yeah, I was 1 pound away from my year long goal (actually, 0.6 pound away) but that was on 10-9 ... I've had some problems recently - -

Eating too many cookies a couple of days this week and not working out 2 days in a row for example ... oh man ! Shame on me ! For some reason I just had to eat all those chocolate cookies and not do any training at all ??

So I've gained a couple of pounds back since 10-9 ... (Crowd booing and hissing !) 193 this morning.

I still think I'll make it to 190.0 on nov. 1st though ... all hope is not lost. It's just more challenging now with 3 pounds to lose within 17 days instead of 0.6 ...

280 to 190 within a year, that was my original goal on nov. 1st 2008.

I'll try really hard to make it but if I don't I won't freak out over an extra pound of course - - I'll use my one week 'extension' if I have to. ;-) It's almost maintenance time now anyway - - I just need one last big push until the end of the month to make it.

I'll make one big post once I am done with all the data, the updated before and after pictures, all that ... maybe I'll use THAT as a way to motivate myself to make it to the high 180's .... :-)

It'll be very weird not to be trying to lose weight anymore actually since I am so used to it by now.
1 year, long time. Hopefully I have learned my lesson ... I think I have and I won't need to lose so much weight ever again.

I plan on keeping my good eating habits and working out regularly too, at least 5 times a week ... monitoring my weight daily and watching my 'moving average' so I can make adjustments if I have to.

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:43 am

You're awesome, Marc! You've already lost double what I did.

Good luck with that final push -- and beyond. That whole "maintenance is more important than progress" bit still holds true even for such remarkable progress as yours.

Reinhard

MerryKat

Post by MerryKat » Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:09 am

Go Marc Go!
Go Marc Go!
Go Marc Go!
Go Marc Go!
Go Marc Go!
Go Marc Go!
Go Marc Go!
Go Marc Go!
Go Marc Go!
Go Marc Go!
Go Marc Go!
Go Marc Go!

You can do this! Do not let a couple of hiccups get you down - get up and get going again!

You have already achieve an amazing result - CONGRATULATIONS!
Hugs from Sunny South Africa
Vanilla No S with no Sugar due to Health issues - 11 yrs No S - September 2016 (some good, some bad (my own doing) but always the right thing for me!)

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:14 am

Congratulations!
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:56 am

hey thanks Reinhard (Our Fearless Leader) Merrykat (Lovely colors) and wosnes as well !

Yes, it's true .... I'm crazy !! :-) A year ago, I was wearing 42-44" pants and they were getting really tight too, long-story-short - - last week I bought new pants ... 36" waist ! I could even have chosen the 34"'s actually, I thought the 36 was a safer choice but I was still able to put on the 34, no problem, just a lil' tight ... :-)

I put on my old 42"/44" pants just for fun the other day, I definitely lost many inches, especially around the waist.

Weight Update, I'm almost there now ... still in the low 191's now though, (191.2 this morning) but going up/down a lil' bit every day ... (It's not an exact science) I have 12 days left to lose 1-1.5 pounds - - It won't be a disaster if I don't end up at 190.0 or lower on nov. 1st but I'm trying really hard to make it there (Personal year long goal, so I'd like to achieve it)

I'm already taking new measures to make it to 190, I'm eating approx 250 less calories per day at the moment (2,400 instead of 2,650 as usual) and making sure not to miss too many workout sessions either ... this seems to have helped lower my weight a bit more in the past few days.

I'll make a special post once I'm done hopefully with newer before-and-after pictures, might take a lil' while for the pics, so no promises ....

The last day is usually pretty special - - I remember 20 years ago when I lost 35 pounds within 100 days (I was 17-18 years old) - - The last work out before making it, it was a midnight workout session. Then the next morning : 100 days, 35 pounds, yeah !

I think I've learned my lesson now so I won't have to do anything this extreme again (35 pounds within 100 days + 90 pounds within a year, twice in a lifetime was enough, :-) I maintained my weight for 10 years after my first weight loss but then I stopped exercising and I was eating badly/excessively overnight, not monitoring my weight at all ... so I gained all that weight slowly but surely over the next 9-10 years ...

The maintenance phase is important of course and I plan on keeping my good habits long term (diet, exercise, monitoring my weight and my habits closely) so it shouldn't be a problem. (Fingers crossed) I am not too scared since I've been doing all this hard work for a year now, I am used to it by now.

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:11 pm

I achieved my year long goal this morning !!

Woo hoo !!

Celebrate -- good times -- come on !! (Kool & The Gang)
;-)

My weight this morning : 190.0

I was expecting a low 190's this morning but thinking I had a better shot at the big 190.0 or less tomorrow morning. Wrong.

It was definitely hard to live in a monastery for 3 days straight but that's what it took to make it and lose that final pound I was struggling with ! (I got close on oct. 9th, 190.6 but then I bounced back up a couple of pounds quickly, took me 12 days to get back down)

90 pounds lost within a year : Done. (Actually, 90 pounds lost within 355 days, lol !)

I have one more good double green day ahead of me now to get in the high 180's ... so I can say I got to the 180's of course... Then I'll work on getting to 189.0 by nov. 1st, my final weight objective ever hopefully.

Thanks to everyone for their support. This definitely took a long time and a lot of work, dieting, exercising, looking for information on the net, making several charts/files to monitor my habits : Diet, exercise, Weight.

All that good stuff I'll be using in the future so I don't end up in trouble again with weight issues.

Nice to see my 'Ticker' signature below, huh ??
"0 lb to go"

Hum, yeah ! Party time ! (I won't hit the buffet table though) :-)

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

Starla

Post by Starla » Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:53 pm

^^Absolutely wonderful. Congratulations!

If you would be interested in posting what you thought were your biggest hurdles, your biggest successes, and the key decisions you made that led to your success, I would love to read it.

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:23 pm

You are the man, Marc. Congratulations!
Kevin
1/13/2011-189# :: 4/21/2011-177# :: Goal-165#
"Respecting the 4th S: sometimes."

aoc

Post by aoc » Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:41 pm

Congratulations, Marc!

Even though I have not posted very often, I have been reading the boards since the end of last year so I know about your effort to lose 90. Keep up the great work!!

BrightAngel

Post by BrightAngel » Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:08 pm

Congratulations.

Now let the real work begin.
I am speaking as one who reached her weight-loss goal almost 4 years ago,
and since that time has put in an enormous amount of hard work to Maintain there.
BrightAngel - (Dr. Collins)
See: DietHobby. com

Too solid flesh

Post by Too solid flesh » Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:07 pm

Congratulations! That's an amazing achievement.

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:35 pm

He made it!!!
Please pray for me

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:11 pm

Hey thanks for the support, Starla, Kevin, aoc, Bright Angel, TSF (Too Solid Flesh) and Renee, always nice and appreciated. :-)

My weight this morning : 189.6 so I'm happy to finally be in the 180's now. (woo hoo !) ;-)

Starla, once I'm done with my year long plan (sometimes after nov. 1st) and all the final numbers are in I'll post a more elaborate message that will include everything :

Final numbers, explanation on what I did : Diet, exercise, files/monitoring, the works. I'll try to get updated before-and-after pictures too so I can post 'em for all to see. I'll be happy if it can help other people achieve their goals too. I did it in a pretty extreme way of course but you can do it at your own pace if you're not in a hurry. I just needed to be done within a year so I took the express lane. (!)

BrightAngel, huh, I'm not too scared, when I lost 35 pounds in the early 90's I maintained my weight for 8-9 years without monitoring myself at all - - just eating well and exercising. I know what I did wrong back then and why I started gaining weight (Eating bad food excessively and not exercising !) - - I have more tools now to make it last longer than that hopefully and I can see by monitoring my weight closely if I am slipping back up again. Then it'll be time to kickstart the workouts/diet to lose those extra few pounds. I won't let the slip continue for too long, trust me. I'll have a 'ceiling' and if I get too close to it I know what to do. Easier to correct the problem early rather than having to lose many pounds later on. :-)

Renee, I just *HAD* to make it and achieve my goal or else you would have KICKED MY BUTT, lol !

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:23 am

Congratulations! Looking forward to the details (perhaps in the yearly checkin? You certainly meet the quantitative criteria!).

Reinhard

connorcream

Post by connorcream » Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:51 am

Howdy,
Congratulations!
connorcream
5'8.5"
48 yrs
Started calorie counting
10/6/2009
start/current
192/mid 120's maintaining
Maintaining a year

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:20 pm

bluebunny27 wrote: Renee, I just *HAD* to make it and achieve my goal or else you would have KICKED MY BUTT, lol !

quote]
You know it! :wink:
We better see a big write-up in the yearly check-in! Complete with visuals.
Please pray for me

MerryKat

Post by MerryKat » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:14 pm

Well Done Marc.

Enjoy being in the 180's.

You are such an amazing inspiration - I am looking forward to the pictures!
Vanilla No S with no Sugar due to Health issues - 11 yrs No S - September 2016 (some good, some bad (my own doing) but always the right thing for me!)

oliviamanda

Post by oliviamanda » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:20 pm

Bluebunny, you are such an inspiration!!!
Habit is habit and not to be flung out of the window by any man, but coaxed downstairs a step at a time.--- Mark Twain

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:53 pm

Wow, more fans ! I'll have my own fan club pretty soon, hehe !

Thanks, connorcream, Reinhard, Renee, MerryKat and OliviaAmanda.

Losing weight (and learning new habits) takes a long time but it's definitely worth it so keep on workin' hard on all your goals. :-)

The last few days of my year long journey. Oct. 31 at midnight, that's when I'll turn into a pumpkin. ;-)

I remain in the high 180's - low 190's for the moment...

It feels like I'm done with this now. I'm getting to the 2nd phase, maintaining. I'll shorten my training sessions a lil' bit and eat a lil' bit more too, hopefully this'll be enough to remain around there. I'll make changes if I see my 28-day-moving average is going up or down.

I'll plan my new exercise program soon too (less cardio, more weight training and isometric exercises) ... while remaining at the same weight of course -- so I should be lean and mean a year from now, hah !

I can't make promises with the updated pictures as it may take a bit longer to have newer ones but they should pop up to the surface sooner or later.

Here is a slightly older photo (Taken august 4th 2009)

I'm 5'10"

Pics on the left, 280 pounds, nov. 2008
(I'm very good at catching naughty raccoons.)

Pic on the right, 202 pounds, early august 2009.

Since the photo on the right was taken I've lost 11-12 more pounds. 3 inches around the waist too from doing all those plank exercises in the evenings (5-7 minutes a day, every day since early august, this definitely improved my CORE STRENGTH) ;-) ... and a couple of inches off the chest and hips too of course)

It's my sister with me in the pic. Faces are blurred, sorry about that. I don't want my face on the internet. I prefer to be Mr. Anonymous.

In the meantime this site is really good :

http://antishayweightloss.com/

You can check out the tabs up top, My plan, groceries, faq ... Good info there and it's very similar to what I've been doing too, diet & exercise.

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

MerryKat

Post by MerryKat » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:05 am

Wow, Marc.

Thanks for posting the pictures - you are looking fantastic. Enjoy your results as you start the next phase of your journey.

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:23 pm

Wow, I'm popular in SOUTH AFRICA, awesome !! I'm lovin' it, South africa ! :-)

Thank you, thank you !

I'll try to post more recent pictures when I have some ... (The one I posted the other day was taken a lil' earlier and I've lost 10 pounds since then ... 3 inches around my waist too from doing those planks nearly every evening ...

When I started my abs were not really weak, I could do 30 second planks (5 times, taking a 30 second break in between reps.) They were not like JELLY DONUTS even though I hadn't done ab/core exercises before ... some of the exercises I was doing previously were still good for the core/abs, shovelglove, running, cycling, calisthenics ...

I am stronger now that I've been doing front planks for a few months though ... now I can do 65 second planks (5 times, 35-40 second breaks in between reps.) I add more time when it becomes too *easy*. Later when I improve more I'll add side planks or work on making the planks harder by elevating my feet that sort of thing.

Cheers !

Marc ;-)