The All-Pizza Diet!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

TunaFishKid

The All-Pizza Diet!

Post by TunaFishKid » Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:56 am

Hi, guys! I got back from vacation yesterday. Sorry to say I made every day an S day and gained four pounds. (I was on a cruise...what can I say? :oops:)

I had to come post just now because I read an article online about a guy who ate nothing but pizza for a month and not only lost weight but lowered his cholesterol and blood pressure as well. The reason I'm posting it here is because the lesson he came away with was rather NoS in spirit.
McClellan is still pushing himself, even though the diet ended Aug. 14. This experience has taught him portion control and self-discipline. He says he's sworn off fast food, sodas and energy drinks for good. He just doesn't crave them.
Read the whole thing here - http://www.tampabay.com/features/fitnes ... za/1029472
~ Laura ~

harmony

Post by harmony » Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:00 am

Thank you. :D I just had pizza tonight. I forgot the avocado though. lol.

I enjoyed that article. It was funny and interesting. It is good supporting evidence that portion control via limiting to 3 meals of a pre-determined amount (for us that's one plate) can lead to weight loss AND better health. I was surprised that he had such good results while still guzzling sugared drinks. It is even more interesting that he decided to give them up at the end of the experiment. I had always figured that guzzling pop was a big part of my weight problem. I definitely won't go back to doing it. I would like to keep my wimpy teeth for as long as I can.

I couldn't eat all that pizza without getting tired of it. I think I tried once in college and I actually got physically sick from it. I only lasted 2 weeks. It could have been due to the stress, but I think it had more to do with the jalapenos. :D

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:28 pm

Interesting! I've never thought pizza was necessarily a bad or fattening food -- just depends on what you put on it and how much of it you eat.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

Over43

Post by Over43 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:06 am

That's some good looking pizza. Certainly not Dominoes or Little Ceasar's. That's good looking stuff. Althoug, toward the end it would be tough to skip the lobster ravioli, or the flat iron steak in the wine reduction sauce. :lol:

O.
Bacon is the gateway meat. - Anthony Bourdain
You pale in comparison to Fox Mulder. - The Smoking Man

I made myself be hungry, then I would get hungrier. - Frank Zane Mr. Olympia '77, '78, '79

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:17 am

Speaking of restricting variety...anyone notice the diet of the week in this week's issue of Woman's World magazine? It's Dr. Oz's "stress-free diet." You pick two choices for each meal and alternate them as desired for two weeks. Then you make another two choices for each meal and alternate them as desired. You can also have two snacks daily.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

bluebunny27

Post by bluebunny27 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:58 am

Thanks for the link, Tuna. I like reading articles like that. Reminded me of SUPERSIZE ME, the Morgan Spurlock (spelling ?) documentary ... nice !

I doubt pretty much everything that is in the article though. I have serious doubts !

Ok, maybe he's the only guy in the entire world who could succeed doing something like this. Maybe he has some awesome will power and can have 2 lil' slices of pizza at every meal and nothing more, I don't know. All I know is in my opinion this would not work for 99.9999% of the population and that's quite a lot of people ... ;-)

If everything in the entire article is legit it must have been HELL for him to lose 12 pounds in a month with nothing but tiny pizza portions all the time. Hardly any energy for the work outs due to a lack of nutritious food, etc. No, pizza is not nutritious food, it's salty, greasy, fat ... and I don't know anyone who eats pizza with avocados either.

The guy was probably working out a lot more than they claimed or he was eating more nutritious food on the side ... to give him energy. I just find it all very hard to believe, especially since it's related to a business venture ... same as that Subway guy who lost weight and then was in the commercials, hey, I would lose 100 pounds in a year too if they gave me a big pile of money to be in commercials, yeah, maybe I'll have a sub a couple of times per day, but then I'd work out 3 hours straight everyday to make it and I'd sneak in a lot of veggies too.

Cheers !

Marc ;-)

Disclaimer : I am following a more extreme version of the 'No-S' diet.
I made my own personal modifications to the original plan (Diet & Exercise)
What I am doing should not be misinterpreted as being a typical 'No-S' diet experience.
11/01/2008 : 280.0 pounds
08/21/2009 : 196.4 pounds
( 9 months 21 days / -83.6 pounds )
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Goal : 11/01/2009 : 190.0 pounds ( 1 year / -90.0 pounds )

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:28 am

If there ever was a diet I'd like to try... that would be it. I doubt I'd ever get tired of pizza. I bet however that he was doing some mean craving for other stuff. They did limit his to 6 a day, right? I know that some pizza slices are skimpy and that may have been tough. Its interesting how he wasn't craving sugary pop anymore too. Hmm... anyone wanna try it with me? Just kidding! although it would be following No S wouldn't it. :wink:
I guess this doesn't work unless you actually do it.
Please pray for me