might be, could be

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

oolala53

might be, could be

Post by oolala53 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:20 am

Hmm, I wonder if I'll be a convert. I have lost weight before. Usually, I start out with the same zeal as I have before when I've failed, and a few weeks later, see that I have actually stuck with it. I've never set a goal to do it, and then did it. So I would be happy to fall into success here, too. My first two days I've "failed," and yet I feel like I've won because I haven't gone after work and bought a lot of sweets and eaten them like I often do. And I can imagine the plan becoming a routine, perhaps with one "snack," because I get up early and take lunch with the rest of the 2300 people at my worksite (a highschool) so it's a long haul. But I'm used to cottage cheese/fruit/walnut snacks, and like the combination. Anyway, I'll be around, watchin' y'all for awhile.

howfunisthat

Post by howfunisthat » Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:58 am

I'm definitely a convert. I'm on Day 74 and never want to go back to the way I was eating before...yuck! I've lost enough weight to wear clothes from the back of my closet, feel 100% better, and am experiencing a strange & wonderful phenomenon....I feel as if I'm learning to be in control of my food instead of food being in control of me....a fabulous feeling!

If you have questions, ask away....you'll find great people here to help...

janie
Nothing worthwhile is ever easy...

amieru

Re: might be, could be

Post by amieru » Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:00 pm

oolala53 wrote:Hmm, I wonder if I'll be a convert. I have lost weight before. Usually, I start out with the same zeal as I have before when I've failed, and a few weeks later, see that I have actually stuck with it. I've never set a goal to do it, and then did it. So I would be happy to fall into success here, too. My first two days I've "failed," and yet I feel like I've won ....
Welcome oolala53!
I've not had total green days either.....I have done great all day..with the exception of nite snacking. Reinhard says in ch.6 page 123...."Don't feel stupid for trying and failing."....."Sometimes It takes a false start (or 12). So quit dawdling and get some failures under your belt!" ...his words not mine LOL. I've had to remind myself of this the last few days....

I have won in the fact that I've started and had the lil' bit of success as far as all day....it's the nites...but that habit will go! Keep it up.....Amie
God: He knows EVERYTHING about you, LOVES you without reservation or condition, CARES about every need you face, and will NEVER betray your trust....R. Lessin