This cracks me up...

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

xJocelynx87

This cracks me up...

Post by xJocelynx87 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:26 am

I was browsing around Everyday Systems as usual, and started reading about Urban Ranger. When I read this, I laughed out loud for a solid minute:

But [walking] is for wusses!
"Well, maybe. If you put on bright blue sweatpants and pump your arms a lot, going nowhere with a big goofy grin on your face, sure, I'll grant you that, it's for wusses. But that's not the kind of walking I'm talking about.

Paints a great mental picture of someone resembling my father attempting to exercise. If you're having a bad day, leave it to Reinhard to cheer you up. :)

bonnieUK

Post by bonnieUK » Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:32 am

Well, maybe. If you put on bright blue sweatpants and pump your arms a lot, going nowhere with a big goofy grin on your face, sure, I'll grant you that, it's for wusses. But that's not the kind of walking I'm talking about.
I think this is a manifestation of the human tendancy to make things much more esoteric and complex than they really need to be, I mean it's just walking, all you need is comfy shoes, a coat, and if it's raining either an umbrella or as Reinhard recently said on the Urban Ranger board, an indifference to getting wet. :D