Dangers of permasnacking!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

bonnieUK

Dangers of permasnacking!

Post by bonnieUK » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:57 am

Hi peeps :)

I just had some thoughts on snacking, I've generally found that since on No S I've felt less hungry than I used to when I snacked a few times a day. This point was proven to me yesterday, which was an "S" day as it was my husband's birthday. It was also an odd day for me at work with long meetings, so I didn't have a proper lunch break. As such my hole day seemed like a neverending snackathon! I grazed my way through bananas, oatbakes, a protein bar, cake mix (when I was making birthday cake), I also made bread so grazed on bits of that as I was making dinner. I then ate a light dinner with more bread, followed by cake, then a bit later even more cake!

Today I feel like my whole metabolism is out of whack and I've been much more tempted to snack than on other N days.

I'm wondering if perhaps snacking confuses the brain, i.e. you never feel like your hunger is satisfied because you're only eating small amounts, but at the same time you're getting calories, and then go on to eat meals of the same amount as you would if not snacking (this seems to be the case for me at least!).

I think I'll try to avoid permasnacking days in future, even if it's an S day (much more satisfying to have one nice treat instead or day of grazing).

p.s. the cake I made was quite good for a No S dieters taste buds - I made the cake part with oat flour, ground almonds, apples and raisins (no added sugar). When cooked, I topped it with a some melted dark chocolate (70% cocoa of course). It was definitely sweet enough for us, but not as sweet as something you'd buy.