trigger foods

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

noni

trigger foods

Post by noni » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:28 pm

Has anyone had to give up a favorite food/sweet because you cannot control yourself around it? I don't know how many times I convince myself that I can eat chocolate candy on weekends with moderation, but it never works. Not only that but I actually feel physically bad afterward because of the sugar/caffeine surge. I'm considering cutting out all chocolate candies (chocolate cookies, cake isn't a weakness for me).

catservant

Post by catservant » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:35 pm

I view it as if I'm an addict when it comes to certain foods. If I was an alcoholic I wouldn't keep a bottle of vodka around! In the same way, I don't keep trigger foods around. There are plenty of other things I like as treats on S Days without knowingly setting myself up for a binge.

eschano

Post by eschano » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:59 pm

I thought it was very important for me, as a former binge eater, to go through a S-day-binge-phase. Only with NoS have I learnt to be around trigger food without overeating. But it took about a year. Now, I have true freedom from food. So it all depends on how patient you are and if that's the right thing for you.
eschano - Vanilla rocks!

July 2012- January 2016
Started again January 2021

noni

Post by noni » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:48 pm

Thank you for your responses. Two different views. It does depend on the person, I'm sure. Unfortunately, I think I'm the addict, but then fortunately it only appears to be the chocolate candy that triggers it.