Advocare

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

gk

Advocare

Post by gk » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:22 pm

Anyone out there try this line of supplements or know anyone who has? If so, what was your opinion/outcome? Know of any long-term effects? I've heard good and bad....never know what to believe anymore.

A family member I know has used them 7 years, loves them and has no problems. Then I go on-line and hear otherwise......

Currently debating....

Over43

Post by Over43 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:24 pm

I think I posted, about a year and a half ago, a doctor told me I was fat. He then tried to sell me "Thai Slim", which looks like a very similar style of weightloss to Advocare. (I just checked out thier website...) I asked him, "What's the difference bewteen the $600 a month you want me to spend on Thai Slim, and the $50 a month I could spend on Slim-Fast?" That did not make him happy.

I also noticed Advocare (as well as Thai Slim) is a "busniness opportunity." That's great if you are a people person and don't mind being "rebuffed", but once you get involved in that "community" they pressure you quite hard to make sales, build the busniess, etc. (I know, being an Amway and Meleluaca drop out.)

Good luck with your choice.
Bacon is the gateway meat. - Anthony Bourdain
You pale in comparison to Fox Mulder. - The Smoking Man

I made myself be hungry, then I would get hungrier. - Frank Zane Mr. Olympia '77, '78, '79

gk

Post by gk » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:05 pm

Thanks. I've decided to pass on all their products. I figure if I can't stick to a simple No S Diet, I sure as heck won't be able to stick to their products. And if I CAN stick to a simple No S Diet, eating healthily in moderate portions should give me the nutrients and energy that their packets offer - without all the cost.

Alarms went off in my head the whole time she was telling me about it. Nothing beats 3 meals a day with the occasional snack, lots of water, and common sense in food choices. It's just that simple. But then all of you know that - that's why you're doing No S. :D