Back on No S

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

nicknethan

Back on No S

Post by nicknethan » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:30 pm

Hello everyone: I was on the NO S diet last year, but dumped it for the Weight Watchers Diet. Probably not a good move....I did lose weight but got too burned out on tracking everything! It really seems to take the joy out of eating and makes it so regimented. My coworkers always poked fun of me so badly for making sure I saved every little package so I could plug it into my Points Plus tracker! I'm hoping I can stick with this plan; I think I'll have more success; I'm not much of a snacker anyway.

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:35 pm

Welcome back!

No S is probably harder than WW short term, but much easier long term.

Best of luck and keep us posted,

Reinhard

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:50 pm

Oh, we love getting you guys back. BTW, did you keep the weight you lost off, so you're starting where you were when you quit WW? Just to warn you, I'm still not in my normal BMI range, and it's taken me since October to lose aobut ten pounds. It was not linear. Stable stable stable, then a big drop. Then inching down. But people are starting to notice. So hang in there!
Last edited by oolala53 on Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

nicknethan

Hi again

Post by nicknethan » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:34 am

Actually I went to actual meetings last summer and lost 15 pounds; I promptly gained them back when I got sick of going and felt like the plan was too restrictive. Then a few months ago I thought I would try online WW, but I felt like I shouldn't have to pay just to basically track my points online. I lost a few more pounds, but I've lost and gained so much. I can't imagine tracking for the rest of my life. I think I'm a few pounds down from when I originally started. I don't even weight myself anymore.

I will keep you posted on my progress :D

NoSRocks

Post by NoSRocks » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:50 pm

WELCOME BACK, nick! You've definitely made the right decision to return! It definitely does remove all the food anxiety and that in itself (even though I often complain about my weight on here, sorry! :oops: ) is a big bonus.

Also another great big THANK YOU oolala for once again reinforcing my faith and determination to stick with this program! I have to admit, i have been wavering recently i.e. thinking of trying something different to get the weight loss started again.... but I know that its just a waste of time and effort at least for me personally since I never managed to keep any weight I might have lost off in the past.... also I'm aware I've gained a few lbs this week and that is frustrating BUT I am confident that with a few 'tweaks', I will settle back down again. Even if it is 170 lbs when I would much rather be 160 lbs... :roll: The overall trend over the past 3 yrs has me weighing around 170 anyway and I'm positive if i hadn't stuck with the plan, I'd be gaining consistently by now.
No S-er since December 2009
Streamlined S Days: 6/25/12
SW: 170 /CW: 127
Weight loss to date: 43 lbs