A Few New Observations

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Over43

A Few New Observations

Post by Over43 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:54 am

I have noticed a few things the last month or so, maybe because I'm getting more oxygen after my surgery and think better. :lol:

1) Urine production: this week I have really concentrated on eating low glycemic. (More so than the usual "no sweets.") I am eating stone ground bread, brown rice (which I can barely tolerate), almonds with meals, etc. I noticed that I have increased my water making abilities. I was noticing, while on crap food eating binges I was making less water.

2) Replacing a bad habit with a good habit: As summer wanes and the Teton Range nights are getting shorter I have been getting as much golf in after work as I can. Sometimes it is 9 holes, if I'm solo I can hustle in 14-18. I read that golf isn't an "aerobic" activity, but two things I have noticed, 1) my legs are stronger from the walking, and 2) I'm not at home sitting in front of the tube stuffing food into my pie hole. So, I have replaced a "bad habit" with a "good habit". And I have taken to drinking low calorie Gatorade. My golf game still sucks. On the green in two, and 3 putts (or 4). :x I have learned to use a variety of words, that I usually save for driving, in complete sentences with proper punctuation. The upside to this? My wife has noticed the change as well, so I get a ski pass at a hill that has night skiing. 8)

3) I am losing the desire, currently to eat "crud." Today a coworker was taunting me with M&M stuffed cookies. I told her no. And, although I should be offended, I have a soft spot in my heart for younger, attractive young ladies. So I can grin about it.

4) The $1000 worth clothes I bought at Macy's this year (they changed the dress code at work) looks a lot better on me now than it did 4 months ago.
Bacon is the gateway meat. - Anthony Bourdain
You pale in comparison to Fox Mulder. - The Smoking Man

I made myself be hungry, then I would get hungrier. - Frank Zane Mr. Olympia '77, '78, '79

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:57 am

The increased urine production is probably due to less sodium in your diet. You're not making more water; less water is being retained by your body.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

Blithe Morning

Post by Blithe Morning » Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:47 am

The experts would say that you are adding years to your life. Who knows if that's true on the individual level. One thing is for sure, you are adding life to your years.

Golf and skiing sound way more enjoyable to me than sitting at home watching TV.

Who Me?

Post by Who Me? » Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:51 pm

I have to admit that I've ways been freaked out by the phrase "pie hole.". Euwwwwwww.

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:43 am

Never even heard the phrase until I saw the movie This Boy's Life. And it was shut your pie hole. Yes, there is something obscene about it.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

Blithe Morning

Post by Blithe Morning » Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:09 pm

When I hear pie hole I think of a hole where pie should never go. I have no idea why.

determined

Post by determined » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:02 am

Over43....These are great observations & great changes in your life. Well done!!!

janie
"Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day."
Winnie the Pooh