The learning goes on...

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

ginmarie

The learning goes on...

Post by ginmarie » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:15 am

So Sunday I had an opportunity to have donuts, a previously favorite treat, and I found myself just.not.wanting to. That was strange. I knew I was allowed to, wasn't at all trying to mod my S day, just really, it didn't seem like a treat that was worth it. So, I passed them by with out a second glance. Yet, later in the day I had a Klondike bar and loved it! No guilt, no plan, no conscious decision, just pure delicious indulge.

So, I found myself thinking about this and wondering why the difference. I think what's happening is that by working during the week to make my 3 meals really "work" for me, learning what foods give me the best "gas mileage" so to speak, I'm slowly teaching my brain to choose even treats by the same criteria. Donuts would not be as satiating and long term satisfying to me as a really rich ice cream bar.

BTW: I realized today that I don't want to ever go back and that made me laugh out loud. Who ever heard of a diet you didn't want to get off of. LOL

NO S rocks!
05/14/11 - 165 lbs
05/01/12 - 142 lbs
No S Lifestyle For Keeps :)

NoSnacker

hi

Post by NoSnacker » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:41 am

Hi, I see you started on no s diet site in may, were you on the No S plan prior to that?

I did kind of the same thing, I wanted to allow for snowball cupcakes last weekend and had them...and they just were not worth it. I actually look forward to something I feel I deserve after a week of staying green.

I've been following the plan since June 10, not that long ago and was introduced to the concept on spark people, there is a team there for no s people.

I gave up tracking my food and found such a freedom in doing that. I eat healthy during the week and most of my weekend meals. I guess I learned how to eat properly over the years being on diets.

Don't you feel set free from the diet mentality..that is a bigger for me.

Great job....
Age 56: SBMI=30.6 (12/1/13) CBMI 28.9 (2/2/14) GBMI-24.8

ginmarie

Re: hi

Post by ginmarie » Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:46 pm

debrabuf wrote:Hi, I see you started on no s diet site in may, were you on the No S plan prior to that?

I did kind of the same thing, I wanted to allow for snowball cupcakes last weekend and had them...and they just were not worth it. I actually look forward to something I feel I deserve after a week of staying green.

I've been following the plan since June 10, not that long ago and was introduced to the concept on spark people, there is a team there for no s people.

I gave up tracking my food and found such a freedom in doing that. I eat healthy during the week and most of my weekend meals. I guess I learned how to eat properly over the years being on diets.

Don't you feel set free from the diet mentality..that is a bigger for me.

Great job....
No I didn't even know about NoS until just prior to starting in May and yes I feel very set free from that diet thinking. This is so NOT a diet to me, but rather a new and better way of doing life in regards to eating.
Good luck to you!!
05/14/11 - 165 lbs
05/01/12 - 142 lbs
No S Lifestyle For Keeps :)