No more points!!!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

daintycow

No more points!!!

Post by daintycow » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:18 pm

Hello. I am new here. I am just phasing out a paid membership where I have to count points. I weighed in today at the class (I gained .6 lbs) and then, after a little discussion about my adherence to the program, I just told them their program wasn't working out for me. I have to say, Reinhard, that your podcasts really helped me get some perspective. Instead of going to my car and crying, I pretty much just drove away and thought- oh well---whatever. I didn't really care if they thought I was a failure. Thanks for your simple plan. I love it so far (one week in).

SpiritSong

Post by SpiritSong » Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:30 pm

Welcome, Dainty Cow! Any plan that makes you feel bad about yourself is no plan to be on (much less to spend money on)!

No S is slowly teaching me how to think like a skinny person. The other day I had a big lunch and actually thought to myself, "Oh, I will only need a small dinner now." Wow, at this rate some day I may actually BE a skinny person (again). :D

sophiasapientia

Post by sophiasapientia » Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:30 am

Welcome DaintyCow! ... Aren't the podcasts the best?! I listened to them many, many times when I was first building habit and still listen to them once in awhile for inspiration. 8) Hope to see you around the Boards ...
Restarted No S (3rd times a charm!) January 2010 at 145 lbs

Sickofdiets

Another newbie aka points refugee

Post by Sickofdiets » Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:26 pm

Hiya, I just wanted to post and say that I agree with you - there's got to be a better way than obsessing over everything you put in your mouth; there's got to be a way of eating well and losing weight without having your eating plan take over your whole life. I'm hoping that No S is it - actually I'm pretty sure that No S is indeed 'it' - what I'm hoping for is that I'm up to the challenge.

All the best with your No S journey :)

daintycow

Post by daintycow » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:34 am

Thanks, everyone. I am loving this so far. This is so much more sane than anything else. Good luck to everyone this week!

BrightAngel

Post by BrightAngel » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:50 pm

Welcome daintycow
BrightAngel - (Dr. Collins)
See: DietHobby. com

erialicia

Post by erialicia » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:03 pm

The points counting drove me crazy! The food points, the activitiy points the extra weekly points. The weighing and measuring!

Total madness!
Eri

snapdragon

Post by snapdragon » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:41 pm

Solo relate!!!!
It is so weird/liberating when you realize you don't need to calculate points or calories!!!! I catch myself sometimes measuring and calculating in my head...then I realize I don't need to do that anymore.
Starting weight 185
Healthy BMI 139
Willingness without action is fantasy

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:27 pm

welcome dainty cow! (i love that name! haha :) )
i'm glad you didn't end up going to your car and crying!
NoS is the best!
good luck to you :)
debs
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

jellybeans01

Post by jellybeans01 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:18 pm

I am also free of points after many years of doing WW. I have to tell you that I did enjoy WW in that after my babies I would lose the weight quickly and it was of course the maintaing that would always be hard. After baby number 3 I did the no s to lose the baby weight. It did almost all come off though it was a bit slower. I've found though that it really fits better into my normal day to day life. I think the thing I notice more is that I don't find myself saying "I'm off my diet today, or I'm going to be real good today"
So welcome to freedom!!

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:03 pm

Welcome, I love your name as well. :D

This way of eating is very liberating, the control is all yours - not some group who weigh you, discuss you, assign you points, you are the captan of your ship here.

And if you can't change the direction of the wind, adjust the sails.

One meal at a time.
Berry

daintycow

Post by daintycow » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:54 am

Wow, you all are great!!! I gave my counting materials to a friend today(who asked for them). I wish I would have found this earlier. Better late than never, I guess. Thanks for all of your kind words ( I guess I really did need some encouragement after all- even though I didn't cry in the car)

PS daintycow refers to a handcrafted body butter business I had a couple of years ago- it just kind of stuck around for internet purposes.

Hope you all had a great No S day--- I did !!! Yay!!!

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:29 pm

Welcome!
No more points!!!
Yeah, unless you're rain man, turning every meal into a math exercise is not sustainable. Don't get me wrong, I love math -- just not when I'm hungry.

Though I guess you could argue that No-s could be considered a kind of math. A more appropriate kind -- geometry (three circles) instead of arithmetic. Three pie charts a day.

Reinhard

milliem

Post by milliem » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:50 pm

reinhard wrote:Welcome!
No more points!!!
Yeah, unless you're rain man, turning every meal into a math exercise is not sustainable. Don't get me wrong, I love math -- just not when I'm hungry.

Though I guess you could argue that No-s could be considered a kind of math. A more appropriate kind -- geometry (three circles) instead of arithmetic. Three pie charts a day.

Reinhard
Or, three pies a day.

daintycow

Post by daintycow » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:21 pm

Chicken pot pie that is- unless it's an S day...then it would be apple(at least for me).
;)